Thursday, February 24, 2011

D6: Engine Fitting, Engine Mount Design




I know, I know... with a title of "Engine Fitting", you'd expect a slightly more exciting photo. I didn't even think about it until the frame was back on the table. So, all you get is the current state and the modified transmission tunnel opening. With the frame as is, the bell housing sits on that crossbar. So, I've lowered the center section by 2in to eliminate this and allow the engine to sit horizontal. Otherwise, it looks like everything is going fit great with plenty of space to work with. I've also included a drawing of the engine mount. On a side note, when moving large objects (like a frame) around your garage... watch out for light bulbs. They are very fragile and tend to explode on contact.

1 comment:

  1. Looks sweet, I think we need to get you a new profile picture though

    ReplyDelete

Print