Friday, March 11, 2011

D13:Trailing Arm Mounts: Day 2


Today I continued work on the trailing arm mounts. I've posted a bunch of pictures of the process after the jump. Once these are done I'll start work on mounting the rear sub frame. I always forget that the amount of time to finish a part isn't really dependent on size, but number of pieces involved. These seem to be taking forever to complete.

The trailing arm bracket that connects to the bushing in the trailing arm with the three mount points cut.

The border pieces cut and laid out.

All the pieces tacked up.

The number of clamps is probably overkill, but I wanted to make sure the mount didn't warp from the heat of the final welding.

... as far as I got tonight. Ends are tacked on and most of the welds are ground down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print