Tuesday, March 22, 2011

D18:Frame (De)construction D2


Yesterday I realized my wheelbase was going to be longer than desired so I figured I would reposition the front sub frame. After some extensive thought and finally reading a forum post about spending extra time if it's needed, I've decided to redesign some things. I'm going to move the rear end closer to the front by slightly modifying the back of the cockpit. This will allow me a little more flexibility with the positioning of the front wheels and keep the rear end from looking over weight. I've also figured out how to mount both the front and rear a little higher on the frame so the car won't look as much like a dune buggy when I'm done as it would have originally. I'm not excited about having to cut apart hard days of work, but I'm excited about the new plans. New details to come... and probably some new design pics too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print