Sunday, November 20, 2011

D58:Pedal Mounting D3

With the pedal firewall mount assembled, it wass time to get it mounted in the frame. The first issue that I came across was that I cut the sheet too small and there wasn't any overlap on the frame. I'm realizing that one of the issues with using flux core wire and no shielding gas is welding any thin gauge sheet is almost impossible without burning through every quarter inch. Frustrating! To remedy this, I framed out the frame where the firewall sheet will be mounted. The beginning of this frame is shown below.
Next problem was that I needed to mount the brake booster higher than I thought to clear the frame. The additional height that I added when building the 15 degree angle on top of the pedal box was about 1/4" too low, of course. Easy fix, just cut out a notch to fit the pedal assembly mount.
Below is the firewall sheet mocked up to show the final assembly and make sure everything fits before making the rest of the frame changes.
Finally, the whole pedal assembly installed to show the brake booster in place along with the pedal mount and clutch master cylinder. There will need to be some additional changes to the frame to fill in the space on the bottom half of the firewall sheet along with adding some more support to the firewall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print