Saturday, January 14, 2012

D76-77: Radiator Mounting + Driver Side Front Suspension

Yesterday I was able to get the driver side lower and upper a-arm finished and assembled. I'm excited to have both sides done and the freedom to move onto something else.

Today I worked on fitting the radiator. I haven't finalized the mount design in my head yet, but figured I'd get started on what I've got figured out. Below is what I've got so far. I had to make some frame mods to get the radiator to fit where I wanted, but with the appropriate additional bracing, I thin it'll be fine.

My favorite part of this design is I can build a "short" nose cone shrinking the overall length, which was stretched by some of the drivetrain decisions I made early on.
Finished front suspension with mocked up radiator.

Close-up of radiator mount frame cut-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print